Σάββατο, Δεκεμβρίου 01, 2007

A night out....

It's always nice to spend time with friends, especially the ones you don' t get to see much. So today, after a rather tiresome grading marathon (which will continue tomorrow) was a rather great relief that I went out for drinks with Tobin, Josh, Andrea and Oner. It was about 8.00 I have finished the part of grading I had planned for today and I was quite surprised that the guys showed up in Eva's office (I was there so that I did not have to go down the stairs each time I had a question about the grading). After all, it was a bit late...
Nevertheless, and after a bit of indecision, we decided to go for drinks to Crescent Str. We ended up to Winston Churchill , a rather big (and surprisingly empty for the day and time) place. Yes, the security was weird (they had our bags checked and it proved difficult to leave), but the drinks and the food (I was the only one who had something to eat) were good. Of course, the best thing was the company since these are the people I do no usually get the chance to talk with as much as I would like.
So, we spent the night pleasantly talking about linguistics and other stuff. Eventually, Andrea had to leave, only to miss the highlight of the night:

Right next to us (BTW we were sitting outside, where they have these outdoors heaters) sat two girls who were in a skating (I think) team and they just visited town for a day and a half trip (they were competing earlier this day). So, we (or I should say Tobin and Oner) ended up having a small talk which was fun, but also a bit awkward (I am either losing my touch, or it is just a sign I am getting old - I can't believe I stayed almost silent during the whole thing!!). Eventually, the girls decided to get inside (one of them was REALLY lightly dressed!) because they were getting cold, so, they left while we continued drinking beer...

A little bit later Oner left us, and soon after this, Tobin, Josh and I decided to call it a night (after we made a small pit stop to the local McDonald's, since the guys were hungry).
Yep, I definitely had a good time, and, people, we have to do that again....

Ετικέτες , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ανώνυμος said...

Sounds pretty fun! And definitely a better choice than going to the dinner for the speaker, in this case. Next time, I'll make the other decision. ^_~

8:00 π.μ.  

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

<< Home